How Our Tyre Fitting Service Works
Not had to change a tyre on your car before? We’re here to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible. Here’s how our Peterborough tyre fitting service works…
- First off, pick up the phone and call us. Let us know how many tyres you need changing.
- You’ll be asked a couple of questions about your car. Usually, we can work out the tyre size you need based on its registration number. If we’re unable to confirm the required size (or your vehicle has non-standard wheels and tyres), we’ll explain how to identify the size you need over the phone.
- At this point, we’ll usually offer you a selection of different tyre options: budget, midrange or premium. We can explain the differences between these (both in terms of price and features) over the phone.
- We’ll provide you with a quote, inclusive of tyre fitting and wheel balancing.
- If you’d like to go ahead, it’s time to make a booking. We’ll arrange a convenient time for you to pay us a visit, and once a date is set, we’ll order the tyres you chose earlier from our supplier.
- Your new tyres will be fitted and the wheels will be balanced. We’ll then reinstall the wheels onto your car, ready for you to drive away.
What is wheel balancing?
All of our tyre fitting quotes include wheel balancing. If you’re unfamiliar with what wheel balancing is, here’s a rundown.
Essentially, every tyre that’s manufactured (even those from premium brands) is not perfectly round. Plus, certain parts of each tyre tend to weigh a little more than others.
Add into the mix wheel rims that may not be perfectly round (thanks potholes!) and you can quite easily end up with a wheel and tyre combo that’s significantly out of balance.
Wheel balancing addresses this issue. Each wheel (complete with its new tyre) is placed onto a specially-designed balancing machine. This piece of equipment spins the wheel up to speed, as if it was mounted to your car. By collecting data, the balancing machine determines just how imbalanced the wheel is – and tells our technicians how to counteract the issue.
They then apply wheel weights to the inside edge of the rim until the wheel and tyre assembly is perfectly balanced. If you don’t get your wheels balanced, here’s what will happen…
- You’ll likely notice unpleasant vibrations in the cabin, particularly through the steering wheel
- Ride quality will be reduced
- Your tyres, suspension and steering system will wear more quickly
Tyres we stock
We stock a wide range of different tyres from a variety of budget, midrange and premium brands. We always try to keep the most common sizes in stock, so if you get a puncture, you can rely on us to get it sorted quickly.
If we don’t have the right size in stock, we’ll be able to order it for you. If you have a specific brand in mind or require a specialised tyre, chances are we will be able to supply and fit it. The range of tyres we offer includes:
- Budget-friendly tyres
- Eco-friendly, low rolling resistance tyres
- Winter tyres
- Grippy, high-performance summer tyres
- Run-flat tyres
- Off-road and all-terrain tyres
- Commercial vehicle tyres with high load ratings